Check to see whether the McCloud Remedy applies to you:
Does McCloud affect me?
This is a quick check to see whether the Remedy applies to you.
What is the Remedy ‘choice’ that I need to make?
On 1st October 2023, MPS automatically placed all police officers affected by the McCloud Pension Remedy back into their old pension schemes for the period 1st April 2015 – 31st March 2022.
- Police officers will need to make a choice about whether to remain in their ‘old’ schemes for the years between 2015 and 2022 or to move into PPS 15.
- Note: Going ‘back’ into your old scheme might mean your contributions (that’s money you paid in) and your tax position for these years will change.
When do I have to make my choice?
- The good news is – you don’t have to make a choice right now unless you’re about to retire.
- This is called a Deferred Choice Underpin (DCU).
- Instead you can wait until closer to your retirement date before making a decision.
What do I need to do?
- Nothing at the moment. We will send you your Annual Benefits Statement (ABS) in August 2024. It will contain all the detailed pension calculations and information you need to make the right choice for you.
Retiring Soon? If you’re planning to retire before August 2024, we will send out your Remedy Pack up
to 28 days before you retire.
- Remember, we need 3-months notice to produce your Remedy Pack.
- We cannot send out any formal Remedy pension estimates before you tell us you’re going to retire.
- Use the online calculators here . These will help you to forecast your pension under Remedy and give you an estimate as to what you might expect.
- Login to the EQ portal here to see your latest ABS.
For Help and Information click here.